Monday, March 2, 2015

Excerpt from "Notes from being Single"


I used the style of Fyodor Dostoyevsky to rant about my life as a single male. Here is an excerpt from what I have so far.
"What was I doing wrong? I assure you I have never done anything to any of these beautiful girls from the past. I have treated them like a princess, yet I still get trampled on like a Persian rug, just less valuable. I bought roses, cards, and chocolate, but no matter what I try, I still get the same monotonous response that absolutely destroys my self-worth. Ladies and Gentlemen, as you might have already guessed I have been rejected in many different ways. One time a girl I was close with came out as a lesbian when I asked her to formal. I repeat, she came out of the closet when I asked her to formal. I am 95% sure she came out at that moment just to avoid going to formal with me, which is fine because I don’t need such a selfish shrew in my life anyways. I realized that other guys are more successful in their conquest for formal date. I must admit though, I am jealous."
Want more? Coming soon!

5 comments:

  1. Albert, I can honestly sense the style of Dostoyevsky in your writing. This is really good and I can paint a picture of what you're talking about in my head when I read it. I didn't know about the girl who came out of the closet when you asked her to formal, but like you said, there are better girls out there! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy reading your pieces of writing as they always say something I never expect. Keep up your creativity as it certainly keeps me entertained, and probably does the same to others. Good job, and I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait you wrote that? I could have sworn it was an excerpt from the book. I have to admit I didn't expect this kind of writing from you but I am glad to see you express yourself in this way. Great job, and I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really awesome Albert. It is so cool that you can be real and feel comfortable sharing that to your audience. Keep up the woodwork Albertsons:)

    ReplyDelete