Thursday, January 8, 2015

Curtain Calls

After the joyous celebration of Christmas, New Years is right around the corner to conclude the year. However, before I jump into 2015, I look back and reflect on how I have matured and developed as a human being. Did I complete any resolutions set at the beginning of 2014? Yes. For example, my introverted nature was almost completely demolished as I resolved to be more outgoing. I said hi to people in the hallway, I engaged in conversations with other people, and most importantly, I finally became confident enough to talk to females. Yes I admit, I had many problems with girls back then, it was a constant struggle for me to even say hi to any girl, let alone ask a crush out on a date. My sheepish nature brought upon many rejections and I believe that this bitter defeat helped me become a more confident person. Confucius once said that there are three ways to gain wisdom: First, by reflection, which is the noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third, by experience, which is the bitterest. So I guess I took the bitterest route. *Sigh* Anyways I believe I made a plethora of fun memories because I established close friends whom I can depend on. Which lets me close the curtains to my year of 2014 in satisfaction.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you accomplished your resolutions of last year, and have matured into a more confident person. Confidence is something that I need to work one, so maybe I should take a few tips from you. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete